Hire a Trusted, Local Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
If you are a victim who sustained injuries from a tractor-trailer truck accident in Carrollton, GA, you should immediately seek legal guidance. Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Carrollton specializes in accident injury cases and can help to protect your rights.
Many truck accident victims are left with large medical bills, severe injuries, and financial burdens after a Georgia truck accident. Since semi-truck accident cases are far more complex than typical auto accidents, you need an experienced legal team who knows Georgia's federal trucking regulations and trucking-accident laws.
Contact our experienced Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Carrollton at Met Lane, Attorney at Law, for legal advice and representation.
Why Are Truck Accident Claims in Georgia So Complicated?
Federal and state safety regulations and rules affect any legal claims involving trucking operations. If you were injured in a commercial truck accident, you need a Carrollton semi-truck accident attorney who understands the process. Several factors make semi-truck crashes in Georgia far more complicated than a standard car accident. Here are a few of those factors:
- More severe injuries: Tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles are much larger and heavier than cars, making impacts more significant. These accident injuries are usually much worse, especially for smaller cars or other occupants. More money may be at stake in a truck accident case because of these factors.
- Trucking companies have more resources: When you are involved in a conflict with another driver, you both have a relatively equal playing field. The insurance policy that is concerned will usually have limits somewhere between $25,000 - $250,000. This means the insurance company's liability is confined to the other driver's policy limit. A commercial truck company may have a policy limit above $1 million or be self-insured. Hence, the stakes are tremendous for a trucking company, especially when someone is seriously hurt or killed by their drivers.
- Commercial insurance: According to Carrollton, GA trucking regulations, truck companies must be covered by comprehensive commercial insurance policies. Commercial insurers are aggressive in conducting personal injury claims. They start planning a defense just moments after an accident and will use every tactic in the book to limit their own responsibility. Our Carrollton, GA truck accident lawyers know how to handle these aggressive insurance carriers, and we will defend your rights. Do not talk to an insurance adjuster without talking to a personal injury lawyer first so they don't trick you into something that could cost you your claim.
- Multiple defendants: Many different parties could be responsible for a commercial truck accident. In some cases, more than one party may share liability for your injuries and damages. Injured victims must examine every path to compensation. You may be able to bring a truck wreck claim against:
- The company leasing the truck
- The truck driver, the driver's employer
- The company that produced the truck or trailer
- The company that loaded the truck
- A government entity
- A third-party driver
- Complex federal laws and regulations: Standard traffic rules are usually easy for most people to understand, including jurors. But when it comes to the laws and regulations that apply to truck drivers and companies, the rules are anything but simple. For example, truck drivers must follow safety rules that determine how long they can drive without a break. There are also regulations for:
- The use of a phone or mobile device by a truck driver
- Performing proper inspections of the truck before and after driving
- The use of certain toll roads by trucks
- Weight limits for truck loads
- Which roads and bridges can be driven on, depending on weight, height, and width
- Maintaining a proper log of maintenance and service to the vehicle.
- Sufficient electronic or paper logbooks
- Specific hauling and labeling of hazardous chemicals
- DOT requirements for a truck driver's mental and physical condition
- Training and license requirements
Let our experienced and determined Personal Injury Lawyers in Carrollton, GA defend your interests so that you can focus on your recovery. Hiring a Carrollton, GA truck accident lawyer can mean the difference in a winning outcome.
How Do We Handle Truck Accidents in Carrollton?
During the truck accident investigation process, your attorney will:
- Examine the accident circumstances
- Determine if all traffic laws were obeyed
- Examine the driver's credentials
- Review police and accident reports
- Examine all witness statements
- And more
Having a lawyer to prove truck driver negligence is critical when filing a personal injury lawsuit. In-depth federal and state trucking regulations will be tricky to interpret without legal advice. Our Truck Accident Injury Lawyers have litigating experience, extensive knowledge of trucking laws, and the resources to develop a strong case.
Proving liability in a truck accident is usually more complicated than a typical car accident case. In a commercial truck accident, there are often multiple parties responsible, such as:
- The Trucking Company
- The Truck Driver
- The Parts Manufacturer
- A Third Party
Our truck accident legal team is trained to identify the defendants who could have contributed to the collision. We will then put together a strong case against the responsible parties.
You should never try to handle a truck accident injury case alone. With the help of an experienced injury attorney like Met Lane in Carrollton, you will be in great hands and have the peace of mind that your lawyer will fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
We Specialize in Helping Truck Injury Accident Victims In Carrollton, Georgia
We are committed to bringing forth all liable negligent parties that caused your disastrous and life-changing collision. When you hire Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Carrollton, Met Lane, Attorney at Law, you gain a respected and trusted personal injury firm that can help you achieve a winning result in your semi-truck accident case. Call us today at 770-834-4107.
If you have been injured in a Commercial Truck Accident, our attorneys can help you through these challenging times. We understand that most accident victims' goals are to regain their health, cover their medical expenses, and ensure they do not suffer financially from lost wages.
Our Carrollton Truck Accident Attorneys will prepare a comprehensive claim and seek the highest level of compensation for any accident-related losses, including:
- lost wages
- property damage
- medical care
- physical therapy
Met Lane, Attorney at Law, has over a decade of experience dealing with truck accidents throughout Carroll County.
Truck Accident Causes in Carrollton, Georgia
No matter where they happen, truck accidents have destructive consequences. They often involve multiple vehicles, substantial property damages, and severe injuries. Truck accident cases can represent a challenge even for an experienced Carrollton truck accident lawyer. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck drivers are responsible for approximately 50% of all truck accidents. A truck accident attorney in Carrollton will know these statistics well.
At Met Lane, Attorney at Law, our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Carrollton has helped injured victims of truck accidents in Carrollton for many years. We help them recover from their injuries and obtain compensation for their losses. In our investigations, we have noted some common Carrollton truck accident causes:
- Driver error - According to FMCSA reports, the most commonly cited cause of truck accidents is due to truck driver error. Drivers of semi-trucks are ten times more likely to cause trucking accidents than other factors, such as road conditions, weather, and vehicle performance. The FMCSA study also considered factors that cause truck drivers to make errors, such as speeding, using drugs, fatigue, distractions, inattention, work environment, and unfamiliarity with the road.
- Improperly maintained trucks – Trucks travel thousands of miles every week, carrying massive cargo, sometimes without receiving the required maintenance for their vehicle. Technical and mechanical failures are common in trucks without proper maintenance. Proving mechanical failures is a job for a skilled truck accident lawyer who knows truck mechanics and FMCSA regulations.
- Driver drowsy or intoxicated – We've seen many cases of drivers getting behind the wheel while sleepy or intoxicated. Some speed, others perform dangerous maneuvers, and quite a few text while driving. Proving their negligence can be challenging. It may take a thorough investigation by an experienced Carrollton truck accident attorney and his legal team.
- Noncompliance with traffic rules and signals – When drivers disobey traffic signs and regulations, their negligent driving often causes accidents. An experienced Georgia truck wreck attorney will prove the truck driver's liability by building a solid case.
- Truckload issues – Many trucks carry improperly secured cargo or are overloaded—this can impact road performance. An improperly secured load may tilt and affect the driver's ability to control the truck safely. An experienced Carrollton truck accident lawyer can determine who should be held liable, whether it is the driver, the trucking company, or a third party.
Need a Personal Injury Attorney After a Semi Truck Accident in Carrollton, GA?
Car accidents between two regular-sized vehicles can cause severe injuries, but truck accidents can be even more devastating. If you were injured in an accident involving a semi-truck, your costs and bills could be covered by the responsible party through a personal injury claim.
A Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Carrollton at Met Lane, Attorney at Law, can help you gather evidence and build a case. You do not have to face your personal injury lawsuit alone. Contact our injury law firm in Carrollton today to set up a free case evaluation at 770-834-4107. It only takes one click to get your truck accident case started!